OPSEU President Warren “Smokey” Thomas arrives at Occupy Toronto with Indian take-out for 400. The day after a violent thunderstorm and heavy rains, the tent city continues to expand despite the mud and damp. Solar generators have arrived with the promise of making the camp even more self-sufficient. Christmas lights are found in the logistics tent, suggesting this is going to be a long stay.
Join 1,551 other followers
- Another attack at Waypoint: Action needed NOW
- Grassroots activism is the key to worker health and safety
- The TPP will hurt health care
- Confronting the problem of violence against health workers
- All health care workers matter
- CBS CEO backpedals on paying Canadians for their plasma
- An ounce of prevention: Fighting poverty improves health
- Bloodwatch.org calls out minister over for-profit paid-donor plasma clinics
- Our hospitals are bleeding
- The real trouble with home care
- Why are we risking Canada’s blood supply – again?
- “Care as a relationship” is key to good long-term care: research
- OPSEU fights back against Wynne’s hospital cuts
- Home care: the debate the government wants to avoid
- Where’s Linda Knight now?