About 350 OPSEU members picketed the Liberal policy conference at Blue Mountain Resort in Collingwood May 14th. Upset about a spring budget that placed corporate tax cuts ahead of public needs such as health care, education and social services, OPSEU members stopped cars, handed out leaflets, and spoke to members of the public. A short video of the four-hour picket is below.
Join 1,551 other subscribers
- Another attack at Waypoint: Action needed NOW
- Grassroots activism is the key to worker health and safety
- The TPP will hurt health care
- Confronting the problem of violence against health workers
- All health care workers matter
- CBS CEO backpedals on paying Canadians for their plasma
- An ounce of prevention: Fighting poverty improves health
- Bloodwatch.org calls out minister over for-profit paid-donor plasma clinics
- Our hospitals are bleeding
- The real trouble with home care
- Why are we risking Canada’s blood supply – again?
- “Care as a relationship” is key to good long-term care: research
- OPSEU fights back against Wynne’s hospital cuts
- Home care: the debate the government wants to avoid
- Where’s Linda Knight now?